BRS Registered User Accounts
In order to access some features of the Website, such as, for example, internal BRS documents, or a BRS.org email account, you must be a BRS member and become a Registered User of BRS.org, which will also create a user account. As a Registered User, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
When creating or modifying your account, you must provide accurate, current, and complete information. We reserve the right to disallow use of any user name that we deem offensive or inappropriate. You will be responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your password and for all actions of persons accessing the Website through any username/password assigned to you. You must notify the BRS immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. You may never use another’s account without permission.
Email Accounts and Terms
- BRS.org email accounts have ceiling of 150 MB per mailbox, and a 10 MB per email limit.
- Technical support is NOT provided on BRS.org email accounts. We are unable to provide technical support relating to setup, error messages, etc. when configuring a new account or maintaining an existing account.
- The BRS.org is providing email services "AS-IS" and the BRS assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
- BRS.org email addresses will consist of:
A. First initial, and last name of member (EXAMPLE — email@example.com).
B. First initial, middle initial, and last name of member ( EXAMPLE — firstname.lastname@example.org).
C. First name, and last name of member (EXAMPLE — email@example.com).
Two members cannot have the same address so if the above naming conventions are taken, a series of numbers must be appended to the end of the address for validation in our system. (EXAMPLE— firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Use of company email addresses, as a point of contact, is STRICTLY PROHIBITED and will result in termination, or automatic rejection of your account. (EXAMPLE — email@example.com)
6. BRS email users can access their email either via the webmail system at http://mail.brs.org (there is also and email login button on the Member Home Page that will go to this address), or by using an email program like Microsoft Outlook, Entourage, or any POP3 compatible program.
Using a email program like Outlook will cause the emails from your account to be downloaded to the email program on your computer. The Webmail area will only display emails that have not been previously downloaded to your computer; it cannot display emails that were previously downloaded to your computer by an email program.
The following settings are necessary to properly configure an email program:
Incoming POP3 server: mail.brs.org
Outgoing SMTP server: mail.brs.org
Username or Account Name: Full email address including @brs.org
SMTP Authentication is required for sending email through this system.