Terms of Service
Welcome to the Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen (“BRS.org”) Website. Please carefully review our Terms of Service before you begin using the site. Thank you.
- Your Acceptance— You automatically agree, by becoming a registered user of BRS.org, to receive, but are not limited to, text messages, email messages, and other types of electronic messaging from BRS.org, and the Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen.
- By using and/or visiting this Website (the "BRS.org," or "Website"), you signify your agreement to these terms and conditions (the "Terms of Service")
Although we may attempt to notify you when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, you should periodically review the most up-to-date version. The BRS may, in its sole discretion, modify these Terms of Service at any time. By continuing to use this website following our posting of such changes, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service, as modified.
General Use of the Website — Privileges and Restrictions
The BRS hereby grants you permission to access and use the Website and email services as set forth in these Terms of Service, provided that:
- BRS.org users who do not sign-in, to their BRS.org account, at least once every (6) months risk the possibility of their account being deactivated. Once your account has been inactive for (6) months or more, your username and BRS.org email address may be assigned to another member.
- The BRS reserves the right to change or discontinue any aspect of the Website at any time, for any reason, and without notice.
- The BRS reserves the right to suspend or terminate a user's access to the Website, without prior notice and at the BRS’s sole discretion.
- Emailing, or transmitting the same message, URL, or post multiple times from your BRS.org email or user account is prohibited.
- Transmission, or emailing any content containing any "virus," "worm," "trojan horse," or any other computer code, file, or program designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment from your BRS.org email or user account is prohibited.
- Transmission of any content through your BRS user account, or your BRS.org email account that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable, as solely determined by the BRS is prohibited.
This list of permissions and restrictions, along with the other terms discussed below, is not intended to be complete, but merely illustrative. We reserve the right in our sole and final judgment to determine whether your conduct violates conduct requirements for the Website.
BRS Registered User Accounts
In order to access some features of the Website, such as, for example, internal BRS documents, or a BRS.org email account, you must be a BRS member and you must become a Registered User, which will also create a user account. As a Registered User, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
When creating or modifying your account, you must provide accurate, current, and complete information. We reserve the right to disallow use of any user name that we deem offensive or inappropriate. You will be responsible for preserving the confidentiality of your password and for all actions of persons accessing the Website through any username/password assigned to you. You must notify the BRS immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account. You may never use another’s account without permission.
Email Accounts and Terms
- BRS.org email accounts have ceiling of 500 MB per mailbox, and a 10 MB per email limit.
- Technical support is NOT provided on BRS.org email accounts. We are unable to provide technical support relating to setup, error messages, etc. when configuring a new account or maintaining an existing account.
- The BRS.org is providing email services "AS-IS" and the BRS assumes no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
- BRS.org email addresses will consist of:
A. First initial, and last name of member (EXAMPLE — firstname.lastname@example.org).
B. First initial, middle initial, and last name of member (EXAMPLE — email@example.com).
C. First name, and last name of member (EXAMPLE — firstname.lastname@example.org).
Two members cannot have the same address so if the above naming conventions are taken, a series of numbers must be appended to the end of the address for validation in our system. (EXAMPLE— email@example.com)
Use of company email addresses, as a point of contact, is strictly prohibited and will result in termination, or automatic rejection of your account. (EXAMPLE — firstname.lastname@example.org)
Using a email program like Outlook will cause the emails from your account to be downloaded to the email program on your computer. The Webmail area will only display emails that have not been previously downloaded to your computer; it cannot display emails that were previously downloaded to your computer by an email program.
Your Use of Content on the Site
- You understand that when using the BRS Website, you will be exposed to BRS Content, and other third-party content from a variety of sources, and that the BRS makes no warranty about the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such BRS Content, or other third-party content.
THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS." YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE BRS WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, BRS, AS WELL AS ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “BRS PARTIES”), DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF. THE BRS PARTIES CANNOT AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR FREE, OR CONTINUOUSLY AVAILABLE, OR THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE BRS PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE PROVIDED, ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE BRS WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING.
Page Last Updated: Jun 08, 2016 (08:05:41)