Designed for union officers and railroad employees and spouses planning to retire within five years, Pre-Retirement Seminars will familiarize attendees with the retirement benefits available to them, and also guide them through the application process. Advance registration is required for those wishing to attend a Pre-Retirement Seminar.
Online and downloadable versions of items included with seminar kits are available on the RRB's Educational Materials webpage.
Pre-registration is required to ensure accommodations and materials for all attendees. For those with plans to attend a Pre-Retirement Seminar, please note the following:
- Unless otherwise noted, Pre-Retirement Seminars begin at 8:30 a.m. and are held over the course of 4 hours. (Doors open for attendees 30 minutes before the seminar start time.)
- Security screening required for seminars hosted inside any Federal buildings. Bring a current, valid photo ID (issued by State/Federal Government); no weapons permitted.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required in order to file a Railroad Retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage, or military service), along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff.
- Please let the RRB know if you sign up for a seminar but then become unable to attend.
Dates and locations of the RRB's 2020 pre-retirement seminars are as follows (click here to register online at the RRB website). Details and registration information for the following will be made available approximately 60 days prior to each event.
- March 27, 2020: Covina, CA
- April 24, 2020: Central Islip, NY
- April 24: Omaha, NE
- May 8: Boston, MA
- May 8: Denver, CO
- May 15: Kansas City, MO
- May 29: Cleveland, OH
- June 5: Little Rock, AR
- June 5: Newark, NJ
- June 12: Fort Worth, TX
- June 12: Indianapolis, IN
- June 26: Chicago, IL
- September 18: Albany, NY
- October 23: Philadelphia, PA
- October 30: Pittsburgh, PA