On behalf of the Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO (TTD), the undersigned affiliated rail unions, and millions of frontline transportation workers, I urge you to advance the nomination of Amit Bose for Administrator of the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA) when the Senate Commerce Committee considers his nomination this week.
Deputy Administrator Bose brings unparalleled experience and expertise in the rail sector, having previously served in several roles at the FRA, including Deputy Administrator and Chief Counsel, as well as a number of other public sector positions with a direct nexus to the rail industry, including at the U.S. Department of Transportation, New Jersey Transit and the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
Through his career, including in his current role, Bose has demonstrated a strong understanding of the economic power of freight rail, the necessity of a passenger rail system that connects each corner of the nation, and above all the need to operate these networks at the highest possible level of safety. He has also shown a critical understanding of the importance of the frontline rail workforce in promoting safety and for the growth and future of the industry.
Amit Bose is a uniquely qualified candidate whose stewardship of the FRA at a pivotal moment in the history of the domestic rail industry should be strongly welcomed. TTD and the rail unions representing workers across crafts in freight, passenger, and commuter rail are proud to endorse his nomination.
- American Train Dispatchers Association
- Brotherhood of Railroad Signalmen
- International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- International Association of Sheet Metal, Air, Rail
and Transportation Workers
- International Brotherhood of Boilermakers, Iron Ship Builders,
Blacksmiths, Forgers and Helpers
- International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers
- National Conference of Firemen & Oilers, SEIU
- Transportation Communications Union/IAM
- Transportation Trades Department, AFL-CIO
- Transport Workers Union of America