Designed for union officers and railroad employees and spouses planning to retire within five years, Pre-Retirement Seminars will familiarize attendees with the retirement benefits available to them, and also guide them through the application process. While most of the program focuses on various aspects of Railroad Retirement benefits, each seminar closes with a brief presentation on railroad unemployment and sickness benefits to help prepare union officers for sharing reliable information with their members. Advance online registration is required for those wishing to attend a Pre-Retirement Seminar.
Please note that event details and registration will be available approximately 70 days in advance of each seminar, and registration will be closed for any seminar that reaches capacity. The April-June 2023 schedule is as follows:
- April 28, 2023: Courtyard by Marriott, 14635 Baldwin Park Towne Center, Baldwin Park, California.
- May 5, 2023: AJC Federal Building, 1240 E 9th Street, 31st Floor Auditorium, Cleveland, Ohio.
- May 12, 2023: Eugene T. Mahoney State Park, 28500 West Park Hwy., Ashland, Nebraska.
- May 19, 2023: U.S. Customs House, 721 19th Street, First Floor Room 181, Denver, Colorado.
- June 9, 2023: Richard Boling Federal Building, 601 E. 12th Street, Room G-64 (Cafe Conference Room), Kansas City, Missouri.
- June 23, 2023: Tinley Park Convention Center, 18451 Convention Center Drive, Tinley Park, Illinois.
For those planning to attend a Pre-Retirement Seminar, please note:
- Security screening is required for seminars hosted inside any Federal buildings. Bring a current, valid photo ID (issued by State/Federal Government); no weapons permitted.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring original records (or certified copies) of documents required to file a railroad retirement application (such as proof of age, marriage, or military service), along with an additional copy of each item to leave with field service staff.
- Please let the RRB know if you sign up for a seminar and are unable to attend.
For more information or to register, please visit: RRB.gov/PRS.